Accessories: Chair/Stroller Strap
Chair/Stroller Strap, $11.99
You can use a chair strap with the Child Harness or Child-to-Adult Harness to keep your child seated in virtually any style of chair.
Parents of young children will order a chair strap to use with the Child Harness when going out for meals in restaurants.
Parents of children with autism will order a chair strap to keep their child secured at their work table or dinner table.
- the adjustable chair strap comes with 2 loops
- 2 rows of reinforced stitching on each loop
- exceptionally durable to withstand excessive tugging
- webbing-on-webbing tension means no damage to the harness
- black, navy blue, pacific blue, red, purple and pink. We have discontinued the army green in the picture.
The Chair/Stroller Strap is easy to use:
- slide the loops onto the harness
- put the strap through one loop
- the strap goes around the back of the chair
- put the strap throught the other loop
- buckle the strap at the back of the chair
- the chair strap buckle is out of the child's reach
- if you are contantly using the chair strap with the Child-to-Adult Safety Harness you can put the loops on the chest straps (top and bottom) as shown here, a Child-to-Adult Safety Harness with Locking Buckles and a Permanent Handle on an 8 yr old with a 26 inch chest
Some customers have ordered two chair straps in different colours for use with different chairs in their home and community. Having multiple straps avoided the need for constantly adjusting one strap to fit different chairs.
Here is a great picture of the chair strap being used with a pacific blue Child-to-Adult Harness on a little 5 yr old at the movie theatre. The loops are on the chest strap of the harness and the chair strap is around the back of the movie theatre seat.
To use the Chair/Stroller Strap with the Safety Harness
- with the harness on your child, slide one loop onto the right side of the chest strap and the other loop onto the left side
- do up the harness buckle
- seat your child in their chair
- feed one end of the strap through the loop on the right side of the harness
- and the other end of the strap through the loop on the left side of the harness, making sure the strap passes along the outside back of the chair
- do up the buckle and adjust the tension to provide the right amount of support for the child
- the lead from the harness can be secured to the chair strap to limit their forward movement
These pictures are old; the hunter green webbing has been discontinued and all the Child Harnesses are now made with a metal O-ring and a detachable lead
but they still illustrate how to use the Chair/Stroller strap:
1. Slide the loops onto the chest strap of the harness and seat your child in their chair.
2. Put the chair strap through one loop on one side of the harness.
3. Feed the chair strap around the back of the chair and through the loop on the other side of the harness.
4. Join the 2 ends of the chair strap at the back of the chair and do up the buckle.
5. Adjust the chair strap to give your child the proper amount of freedom.
6. To limit their forward movement (i.e. when the child is prone to drop seizures), tie the lead to the chair strap.